Wednesday, December 15, 2010

T9 - Frustrations

I know I'm one of a handful of people who still uses t-9 to draft their texts.  Despite what I do to make money, I *hate* technology -- sue me :p.

Anyway I was just typing out a text and my phone chose "he" over "if".  Given I use "if" an ungawdly amount of times when I write.  I constantly have to go back and manually edit that.  It's annoying. Even with t9, women are at a disadvantage with the system :(.

Wendy


P.S.

For those of you unfamiliar with the context: a group of Israeli researchers worked out an algorithm which looks at word choice ad writing style to determine the gender of an author.  "If" is a word used to identify female writers.  "He" is more frequently used by male writers.

P.P.S.

I forgot you don't come here for my rambles.  My apologies -- here's a gratuitous ass shot for you all.

The End

1 comment: